**Click on the pictures to see enlarged images**

Thursday, February 7, 2008

President Hinckley

I admit, I hadn't shed many tears on the passing of President Hinckley. Which, believe me, stunned no one more than myself. I always dreaded the day he would pass, because I was sure I would be a mess.
But instead when I learned of his passing, I was...well, shocked for one. I know I shouldn't have been, with him being 97 and all, but the way he was going I was starting to think he'd go forever.
Then for a brief moment I was sad, but almost instantaneously I was overwhelmed with joy. The thought of his glorious homecoming with his sweet wife and then, of course, the Savior taking him in his arms.
For the last week this is what I have thought of when thinking of President Hinckley.

It wasn't until today after I watched a few tributes on YouTube dedicated to Pres. Hinckley, that I finally broke down. Full fledged sob-fest. I know I was loud because my sweet little angel girl came to my rescue and tugged on my pant leg, insisting that I pick her up. She immediately gave me the most perfect and tender smile I needed to bring me comfort once more.
I am not any less joyous for Pres. Hinckley, but I finally alowed myself to be a little selfish and feel sorrow for my own loss. I never met him, but I loved him, as I'm sure we all did. He was an extrordinary man. A true disciple of Christ. And I am so grateful to have had the blessing of calling him "my prophet".
I am so thankful to be a part of the church. I know that even in the passing of a great prophet of the Lord, Pres. Hinckley, the priesthood remains. And the keys of that priesthood have passed to another called of God, Pres. Monson, to speak for Him and to lead us forward.
I know the Savior lives. I just pray that with this short mortal existence I've been given, I am able to prove myself worthy to return to be with Him and my beautiful family forever.
May our Lord be with each of you.
I leave these thoughts with you in His name, Jesus Christ, amen.
~Candice

2 comments:

Alleman Family said...

Thanks so much! I loved the videos and your testimony! Hope everthing is great with you guys. We're finally over being sick at our house... it was a long road, let me tell you! But, things are great now. We're looking forward to spring time. I don't have anywhere to put all the snow that I'm shoveling off my driveway! :)

Shay Olsen said...

Hello Candice~ I don't know if you remember me, I noticed you looked on line at Class Mates.... Its Shay Jensen (Olsen) Wow, I can not believe we are both mothers and have children.. Wow you look great.... My family blog is thepaysonolsens.blogspot.com if you are interested.... It is so good to see you again and see how life has been for you after high school.

It would be great to hear from you again.... Take care. Your kids are beautiful by the way..... Take care...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online