For Valentine's Day, my sweet hubby surprised me with a romantic dinner at the top of the John Hancock building. For those of you who don't know, the John Hancock bldg is the 4th tallest bldg in Chicago (6th in the nation), with 100 stories. The restaurant is located on the 95th floor. My ears popped during the elevator rides. :) The food was good, and surprisingly low priced (paying for parking is what kills ya!). We had a great time!! Thanks hon!!

At this years Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet, the boys had to make a cake with their Dads. Mom's were not allowed to assist in any way. Dylan chose to make his cake into a pinewood derby race car. Never having had made (or decorated) a cake before, I think they did a fabulous job!

This year the boys played basketball. We were fortunate they were picked for the same team "the Bulls". They had a great coach who taught them well, and made it really fun for them. At the end of the season, the whole team (and their familes) were able to go to a DePaul Blue Demons basketball game (in a suite packed with food and other goodies). They had a blast and already can't wait until next season.

Last week they had 'NERD DAY' at school. I can't begin to explain how excited my boys were to dress up as nerds. And I'll admit it, I had fun plastering their hair to their heads. Dylan even had big black glasses (minus the lenses) to top off his look. It was great! Also, he came up with the whole sticking out his top front teeth on his own. :) If I do say so myself, they are the two cutest nerds I've ever seen.


I just celebrated my 31st birthday, and had to show off my delicious cake. I must have been in a fruity mood because it's a lemon layer cake (dyed green for St. Patrick's day, of course) with whip cream and strawberries in the middle, and finally iced with lemon frosting and topped with fresh strawberries. It was then joined with yummy Orange Sherbet. It was soooooooo good!!!! I feel like making a few of you drool, so here are the pics.



I loved the way it looked with the strawberries on top of the cake, but they kept slipping off down the sides of the cake. So below is the cake we ended up with.


Since I'm in full blown nesting mode (only 5 weeks left, wahoo!), I've been having fun with my sewing machine. Here are a few pics from my latest projects, a car seat cover, and a nursing cover.
Of course we had to leave the car seat cover gender neutral. Once the baby arrives, I'll embellish it with a few (blue or pink) flowers, buttons, or ribbons... maybe I'll post more pics then.
With each project I attempt, I get a little bit better. And I have to say I'm quite pleased with these two. Not bad for being self taught. I consider me and my sewing machine 'frenemies', but every once in awhile we knock it out of the park. :)






2 comments:
beautiful work, Candice!--on the nerds, the yummy cake, and the baby things, and brewing a cute baby. Can't wait to meet her/him!
Your sewing projects turned out great! I can't believe you have the patience to wait to find out the gender. You are amazing! Your cake turned out beautiful, as well. Happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment