**Click on the pictures to see enlarged images**

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kalaya's trip to the ER

With two boys who are incredibly adventurous and daring, I am completely shocked that my sweet little Kalaya has now had TWO trips to the Emergency Room (caused by falls, or other accidents) where the boys have only gone for fevers or allergies or other non-accident type causes.
If you rememer, Kalaya wore a cast on her arm for 6 weeks last summer (only later to find out it wasn't really broken in the first place.) This time Kalaya was running toward the stairs, tripped and landed mouth-first on the edge of the 2nd step. Blood was everywhere. It just kept coming and coming... it took me forever to find out for sure where she was cut and where she wasn't.
We're really lucky the hospital is only about a half mile down the road. The boys were so good and well behaved. They helped keep their little sister calm by singing to her, while she was strapped in the little papoose, so the doctor could sew her up. Here are a few pictures, I took with my camera phone - didn't have time to grab the real camera, with a bledding baby, so I'm sorry they are small and out of focus.




She is doing well. After stitching her up the doc gave her and the boys popsicles, to help ice her lip. And once her popsicle was gone she was back to her old self boucning and jumping all over the place.

3 comments:

andre'a said...

Candice, Kalaya's totally a little trooper! Thank goodness kids are so resilient. I like the action shots. :)

hilary w said...

Wow..that poor little girl has quite the spills! I am so glad to hear that she is still her sweet happy self. We miss you!

Kindred Family said...

OWWW! I hate that kind of stuff. So sorry you had to go through it. Miles had to have staples in his head just over a year ago so we've been there and it's no fun. Poor kids!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online