You'll never believe what happened...
Seriously right after our company left last night (Easter), I went in the kitchen and started on the dishes. Well, not two minutes into it, the gasket and hose/flex-pipe coming out of the disposal under the sink completely BURST!!! I was screaming. Water was spraying everywhere, and flooding the cupboard and kitchen floor fast. Dwight was upstairs on the phone and came running down, and instead of hanging up right away he began narrating the whole event to his buddy on the phone. Well, long story short, a lot was used to clean it up and boxes are still drying out from downstairs in the basement where some of the water escaped to.
It was a mess and as of yet, is not fixed. We called our landlord last night, assuming he would come first thing in the morning - he hasn't. We haven't even heard from him. Arrrggghhh! This is the first time we've rented from a private landlord, instead of a community apartment, with 24/7 maintenance.
I'm not bragging by any means, but I am pretty handy with tools, and have already fixed a few things we normally would've called the landlord about. I pride myself in that. And I'm more than willing to go to the hardware store and fix it myself, but I doubt the landlord would reimburse me money spent...and effort for that matter, it's not easy hauling 3 kids in and out of the hardware store. Believe me. I'm losing count, how many times I've done that already.
5 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment