Okay. My obsession with the Twilight series began just one month ago. I consider myself lucky, since I didn't have to wait a year in between each book - I'm not sure I would have survived.;)My mom and sister were reading them and it peaked my curiousity...that they would be interested in a vampire story. It didn't require any convinving, once I picked up the book I couldn't put it down. I still feel horrible for having read so much during my visit with my family.
The first two books Twilight and New Moon were read in a manner of days. And my dear sweet husband had the third book Eclipse waiting for me when I returned from my trip. Again only a few days... Then I only had to wait a week and a half for my next and final fix, Breaking Dawn.
I filled those days with rereading favorite parts, online at all the twilight fan sites, and discovering all I had missed these last few years since the first book came out in 2005, and everything involving it's new movie coming out this December. *look for it on my sidebar*
Hello, my name is Candice...and I'm a Twilight addict. Quickly becoming a"Twilighter" or "Twi-Hard". I'm not sure what is needed to become one, but I have a feeling I'm well on my way.
As far as the book is concerned. I loved it! Of course. I just wish it wasn't so crammed. So much is covered that it easily could have filled another book and that way, more time and focus could have been put toward those many important events. However that would have meant I would have had to wait another year, for the next book....hmmmm, would it have been worth it? You bet! As I'm sure this was for so many of you who have been waiting.
In fact, I was watching an interview with Stephenie Meyer (the author) on GMA, where Stephenie admitted that she put A LOT in to this last book, when normally she would have spread it out. She did it for the fans, she said. She felt they had waited long enough and deserved to have the whole story, at last.
Although, I'll have to wait a few years I'm sure for her next project...Midnight Sun. Which actually is the book Twilight, but instead of narrated by Bella, it is from Edward's point of view. The first chapter is already posted at Stephenie's official website, it's so fun to compare to Twilight.
So, for those of you who are a little skeptical about reading a 'vampire' story, just know that it is a sweet love story. Very different from the traditional vampire ideas you've grown up with. It's a fun, exciting read, and I highly recommend it.
p.s. you know where to find me if you ever want to chat and discuss anything Twilight. Or anything else for that matter. ;-)




2 comments:
I am totally an addict too!!! I just started the first book recently and I am totally hooked! So I am way glad you checked out my new blog. I am way excited to figure out how to make it super cute! I know my girls have loved looking at your blog. Jadyn is still always telling me that she loves Dylan and is going to marry him! She really wishes that he could have started Kindergarten with her. They would of had a blast together! We miss you guys tons!
Not sure if you remember me from the GHS reunion last summer. I came across your blog from another Grace friend. I was reading this post and realized you and I did the same thing- jumped on the bandwagon late in the game. I have to ask since you didn't mention it... are you a Jacob or and Edward fan? And did you know that Stephanie Meyers isn't going to finish Midnight Sun- for now anyway. One of her collegues leaked the rough draft on the internet. Idiot- ruined it for the rest of us. Can't wait for the movie!PS... all mom's dread the day their first goes to kindergarten! You were not the only one crying those tears! I'm sure you knew that!
Post a Comment