What a handsome guy, if I do say so myself.
This year, Christian was lucky enough to have two special days. Saturday (Aug 16th) we celebrated so that Daddy could be with us. Christian wanted to start the day feeding the ducks on a little bridge along our neighborhood bike path. After feeding the ducks we went to the new 3D animated movie, Fly Me to the Moon. We haven't taken the boys to the movie theater for over a year, so that was a special treat.
When we got home, we got to work on Christian's spiderman cake. It turned out really cool (I thought, anyway) until I had Christian tip it up, to take a picture with it. Anyway, by the time I got him to smile, and took the picture I realized the frosting on the cake was sliding downward. Aaaaaaaaaahhh! All my hard work...right? Well, since I had a few extra spiderman cake decorations, I let Christian finish decorating his cake, however he wanted. We were able to slide most of the frosting back into place...which didn't really matter, because Christian proceeded to cover it all up anyway. We had a blast doing it together.
All the kids loved his new Batman mask, especially Kalaya.
Today, we had fun celebrating a little more. Happy meals for lunch and presents from the rest of the family, and friends. He got a pair of some really cool super soaker water guns, and well, that's how we spent the rest of his birthday. Out on the front lawn with some neighbor friends enjoying cupcakes and getting soaked. It was great!
Happy Birthday Christian! We love you!









6 comments:
Happy Birthday Christian!!!! Wow big 4 years old! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the birthday cake, I wish I was as talented as you are... I have to go to walmart and order my girls birthday caks..... He is so dang cute... He looks like you..... It sure sounds like you fun together..... WOW, your kids are getting so big.... Good luck sending your little Dylan to school, it is sooooo hard. I cried... But I guess I may be a cry baby....
Happy Birthday Christian!! What a fun couple days for you guys! I always knew that Christian was way special...he has the best birthdate ever! Hee Hee I am glad that we share the same birthday...we will never forget his special day. Our girls send lots of love your way. In fact, Harly was just talking about him this week. We miss you guys tons!!!
We went to Fly me to the Moon in Salt Lake last weekend, Courtney didn't like things flying at her and maybe wore the glasses between 1-2 minutes, and for Hank he wished he wasn't there and enjoyed the stairs and the people behind us more than the movie.
Christian does have a good birthday however he did miss the BEST one by a couple days :)
See you guys later.
Curt
Candice - I can't believe it's been so long. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how big they are! My little one is turning one on Monday and I can't imagine when she'll be four. So where are you guys living at? I haven't heard anything about you since your parents moved. Looks like you all survived the road trip! That takes guts to do that without the hubby but hey it's better than not going at all.
I cannot BELIEVE how much he looks like Dwight!
At first I was thinking "what a handsome kid," but after realizing he looked so much like Dwight, I felt sorry for him somehow...
(just kidding - he'll be a heartbreaker!)
-Steve
Oh my goodness! I can't believe he is 4! I forget how close he and Courtney are. I can't wait to see you whenever you all come.
Post a Comment