**Click on the pictures to see enlarged images**

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Let's catch up shall we

I know, I know... I can't believe I haven't posted in so long, either. Well, when I think of how much has happened and how busy we've suddenly become - I guess I kinda can. But there's so much to catch up on, it's almost overwhelming me enough to shut off the computer right now and put it off until another day. *sigh* I'll try to go in order so I don't miss anything. Alright, here goes...

1- Baby squirrels in our beautiful tree out front. They let us pet them, feed them, and HOLD them. They were so cute. They've since moved on.

2- Primary Olympics. The primary in our ward, held their very own olympics. It was quite fun!

3- Dylan started school (go to previous post for pics.)
4- Dwight started his last and final year of school.
5- I started a new job. I work MWF 9-noon at the Child Watch at our local YMCA. It's so great because Christian and Kalaya get to come with me and play. I definetly recommend this job to any stay-at-home moms who live near a YMCA. Free membership, and you get paid to play. Love it!

6- Dylan and Christian started taking gymnastics. They are in heaven!

7- Dwight and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary!

8- Dwight was hired as a TA/tutor on campus. Good news = it pays our tuition, plus a stipend and we get to keep our health benefits. Bad news = It eats up ALL of Dwight's free time (and some that wasn't so "free" in the first place) with tutor sessions and office hours. We never see him anymore... :(
9- Our landlord bushwhacked our beautiful landscape. It looks horrible! Believe me I'm so sad and MAD about the whole thing I could go off on a whole post by itself. But I'll spare you my venting. Here's before and after, of just the backyard - front yard is worse.

10- Christian caught some super bug - and I'm not talking about the creepy-crawly kind. He was practically bedridden for 6 days. Took him to the doc, and they couldn't find a cause for his fever of a 104. Thankfully he's finally getting better.
11- Dylan's 6th Birthday!!!!!! His new best friend from school, Anthony, joined in the fun. (I'll put more pics in his own special b-day post - coming up next)

12- Dylan caught Christian's super bug. And if that isn't bad enough. It seems to be hitting him a lot harder than Christian.

That about sums up our last month. Even though it doesn't look like things are slowing down for us anytime soon, I'll try to adjust, and squeeze in some regular time for blogging.

4 comments:

Dave and Julie said...

It sounds like you have had a few busy weeks. It is not fun to have sick kids. It is also good to have sick because they want to cuddle a little more. I love those sick cuddles.
I am glad that you got a job. It sounds like it works out great for you. If they had somthing like that close to me I would think about doing it to. thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Wow you posted... I thought I might have to fly out and see if everything is ok..... Wow, it looks like you guys had a great month.. I am so glad you got a job that you can take your kids with you... Nothing is more great then being a working mom and being able to take kids with you at school. Wow I am sorry, you never see your husband either, we need to live closer so we can support each other. My husband is gone fro 5 am to 9pm M,T,W and F.... So I totally understand what you are going through. Keep your chin up I just have to keep telling my self it will be worth it in the long run.... (HOPEFULLY) Take care! Miss ya!

Jeff/Amber/Jade said...

fun to see that family growing. All I see are a bunch of mini me Dwights!!!! Fun to hear how you are doing. We are new to the blogging,so give us time! would be great to see you all sometime! let us know if ever in town....good luck with school

jchushing said...

Life sure does get busy doesn't it? Since having Emalia, I feel like I am being pulled in a hundred different directions. I felt the same as you when Aneti started kindergarten. I was excited, but sad at the same time. My baby girl is growing up too fast. But she loves to learn and I can't be sad about that. I am glad you survived the past month. Sometimes that's about all we can do. ;)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online