I seriously felt like a giddy school girl watching this movie.First I must admit this film isn't high quality, and in so many ways could have been A LOT better. But I still loved it, and will buy it and watch it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...well, you get the picture.
A group of us 'silly head-over-heals-in-love with Edward' women went to the movie last night. We were so lucky one gal decided to get there an hour early or we would have been staring up Edward's nose all night. Thanks again, Nicole! The theatre was packed, of course. There was even a school bus and stretch limo parked outside the front doors. The front of the line had been waiting for 3 HOURS. We were lucky a few 'younger' girls were nice enough to scoot over so we could all sit together, Thanks Julie!
Yes, that's me laughing on the right - why?? I can't even remember. So much about last night was just us laughing and giggling. Six of us made it to the 7 o'clock showing and a few of our other friends went at 7:30 and then we met up for the 'after show' party to talk about everything Twilight. 
The movie was GREAT, of course not even close to the book though. But the Cullens were beautiful, the highschool crowd - cheezy, and Jacob (speaking for myself of course) - cute but so not...EDWARD... Now speaking of Edward. I won't lie I'm not pleased Rob was cast for the part, I didn't even think he was cute in Harry Potter, but there's nothing I can do to change that now. And he definetly had a few gorgeous moments last night - but I'm sad to say he's just NOT MY EDWARD. There was a lot of 'over acting' which was quite annoying. The dialog was good at staying "by the book" but it didn't seem to flow very smoothly for a movie. (Was anyone else horribly bothered with Edward referring to Bella as "spider monkey"? Where did that come from?) The scenes were choppy and it just didn't seem very perfessionally done. I don't know maybe more time, or more money could've fixed some of that. But even some of the cast weren't even all that great at acting (Rob included). Alice was WONDERFUL, and Jessica was right on the nose. Jasper was gorgeous but I couldn't help but laugh every time I saw him because of his "in pain" face. Rosalie, well, it was defintely easy to not like her, but she wasn't that good looking and she also 'over acted' the part. I was seriously disappointed that Emmett didn't have more of a role. They cut out the scene of him confronting Edward, that was in all the previews...too bad, I really love his character in the book. Dr. Carlisle and Esme were surprisingly perfect, I wasn't expecting that.
For the most part, it was GREAT!!! And all in all, girls night out time is wonderful in and of itself. I recommend anyone and everyone who has read the Twilight books and loved them to definetly see this movie but, if you haven't (like my husband), don't be surprised to be a little more than disappointed, and you'll probably leave still wondering why the rest of love it.
TEAM EDWARD FOREVER!!!!
p.s. rumor has it they're already working on New Moon.




5 comments:
Candice! I am so glad that I am still connected to Madison happenings. I miss it there. Anyway, I am going to add your blog to my blog so I can keep up to date with things.
Now on to the movie. Isaac and I just got back from it. I TOTALLY LOVED it too. We had an annoying audience member behind us that made comments at all the wrong moments, but beside that we really enjoyed it.
My biggest beef was the special effects, and that was a small beef. I thought they were cheesy, but they didn't distract too much from the overall movie.
Going into it I was not a big fan of Edward, but now I think he did great! I loved the casting and thought they all did a fabulous job. I agree that the movie didnt flow smoothly, but I enjoyed the disfluency of it. It seemed more natural, I loved the awkward tension in the scenes.
Overall I loved it, and I hope they continue the series on film!
So that is my 2 cents.
We had a girls night out too with those from my neighborhood. We we're lucky enough to buy tickets with preassigned sitting! My goal this year is to finish the Twilight book. With the little bambino I haven't had time to read. Ahh those girls night out are nice although it really doesn't matter what your watching it is all about the giggling!
It was funny to read your "review"! My mother and sister in law both said the exact same thing about it. It strange everyone I have talked to has had the same opinion about it. Of course, having a baby 5 days earlier hasn't allowed me to see it yet. I know... I'm so sad! Perhaps in a few weeks I'll be able to break away from baby for a few hours. I'll have to let you know what I think then! :)
I know, "Spider Monkey," haha! Where did THAT come from? Thanks for reminding me of that! I enjoyed reading your review. And I love the name of your fan club- can I join? ;) But yes, the Edward in the movie was not MY Edward...ha! Wish I could have been there for the group discussion at Carla's!!!!
Fun night out! I went with my girlfriends too. You can read all about our experience on my blog... but we were not so lucky as to get good seats. Not fun at all. But, all in all, a great movie!
Post a Comment