I'm sorry it has taken so long for me to get this post up. But better late than never, right? Anyway.
My husband is the best ever! He surprised me at the last minute, by driving us all the way across the country to spend Christmas with my family. And what made it most fun was walking in my parents door at 11 o'clock at night and surprising them with our arrival. I LOVE SURPRISES!!!
Having really thought about it I realized it had been 5 years since we last spent Christmas with my family. My brother, Micah, also made the trip which made our Christmas absolutely perfect!
Here's a few highlights from our trip:
My husband is the best ever! He surprised me at the last minute, by driving us all the way across the country to spend Christmas with my family. And what made it most fun was walking in my parents door at 11 o'clock at night and surprising them with our arrival. I LOVE SURPRISES!!!
Having really thought about it I realized it had been 5 years since we last spent Christmas with my family. My brother, Micah, also made the trip which made our Christmas absolutely perfect!
Here's a few highlights from our trip:
*click on photos to see enlarged images*
We started our LONG journey on a Friday around 11 am having learned the schools and my work would be closed because of the weather. It being a snow day and all, we should've realized the roads would be difficult. Well... not 10 minutes on the road, we began fish-tailing and finally spun around and landed in the snow packed median of the highway. We were fine, car was fine - but it did take over an hour before we were finally towed back to the road. We took it as a blessing and a warning of caution for the long road ahead. *sorry for not telling you mom, didn't want you to worry* p.s. Kalaya slept through the whole thing.
Once we arrived our days were full of yummy goodies, lounging, Guitar Hero World Tour, and the Wii.
The kids LOVED baking cookies with Grandma!

Dwight spent hours upon hours braving the -25 degree weather building a snow cave, that he and Christian(the only other brave soul) spent the night in.
Christmas morning!

While we were there my Dad was kind enough to offer to babysit, so Dwight and I could go out to dinner. Well, here's what we came home to...all three kids zonked out on the couch.

Unfortunately, we were so busy having fun that we totally forgot to take a new family photo of ALL OF US. The last big family picture was taken just after Dylan was born - Christmas 2002. Yikes, I know! I was so bummed when I realized, and it was already too late. But at least we were able to take these.








4 comments:
Hi Candace,
I so loved your beautiful site. The pictures of your family are great! I am glad you got to surprise your Mom, how fun. Thank you for sending me your blog site, we all enjoyed it.
Love,
Aunt Mel
I am so glad that you up dated your blogg. I looks like you had a great Christmas. You have a great husband. It was great to have him suprise you, and take you home to see your family. I bet you have been dreaming for that for the last five years. I can not belive how much your kids have grown up they are not so small any more. Candace you look great in your family pitcher. Love you and miss you.
hey I'm glad you got to spend Christmas with your family, that is always great! Your kids are growing up so fast, I can't even believe it. You guys all look great, I love your family pictures! I wish your parents still lived here so we could see you and them more often!
Dwight are you CRAZY?! Brrrr! I am sure you had a great time and we can hardly wait to see all of you. Take care and have fun getting ready for your birthday next month!
Post a Comment