**Click on the pictures to see enlarged images**

Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School

Today was momumentous for our little family. Christian has joined the educational system. That's right, for a few hours at least, every weekday morning, there are NO BOYS in the house - and it's awfully quite. Well, it will be... I've been babysitting some friend's kids, and they have filled the silence well. But next week, should be surreal. Kalaya and I might not know what to do with ourselves. Perhaps... well, a girlfriend of mine is trying to convince me to train with her for a marathon... YIKES, is right!!! Never been much of a runner, let alone long distance. The fact that I'm even considering it is absoloutely insane, but just goes to show you what an incredibly persuasive person ANDRE'A (yes, I named names) is. :o)
Now back to the subject. I have a kindergartener AND a first grader. Weird...considering I still feel like I'm 23.
Although I must admit it wasn't as hard this go round, since we've already gone through this experience once before with big brother Dylan. Not that I'm saying it wasn't hard, because IT WAS. It's always hard to trust your babies with someone else - let alone people you really don't know. But the tears never crossed the threashold, because as I felt them coming (while watching my sweet boys walk away from the car toward the school) I saw Dylan grab the hand of his little brother and walk beside him. (since no adults, except staff, are allowed into the building unless with special circumstances, I had to drop them off at the curb... something I've never done before - last year I walked Dylan in and out of his classroom everyday.) But I got the warm fuzzies, when I saw my two boys walking hand-in-hand as together they ventured out into the world... Well, as much of the world as an Elementary School experience provides. Which, quite frankly is plenty for now.
I love this picture!
I just wish I had taken a picture, when Dylan grabbed Christian's hand at the school. :(

Showing off their Spiderman backpacks.


The Kindergartener!
*sounds best when you say it like you would "The Terminator"*


Look at that tough 1st grader. But don't let him fool you, he's a softy
...unless you mess with his little brother, then you better watch out.

3 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Yay for Christian! That is so crazy to think that he is in kindergarten now. He is such a little cutie. I love the holding hand story....it reminds me of Jadyn and Harly. (by the way Jadyn still talks about Dylan..)

You should totally do the marathon. I think you would really enjoy it. I have a little over five weeks until the St George marathon. I am so excited! I don't think it has actually hit that I am going to be running a marathon. Yikes! So if I can do it, you totally could do it.

Sorry for the long comment...As far as shoes go, I went to Roadrunners and they watched me run and step on a special computer thing to determine which shoes would work best for my feet. It was really cool. I ended up buying asics. So far they are awesome! I was running in Nike Shox which are apparently not good for long distance at all. So don't buy those kind. Let me know if you decide to do the marathon. That would be awesome!

Shena said...

Seeing my older son grab the hand of my younger one would have would have flooded my threshold of tears! You are a strong woman! Crazy that parents aren't allowed in the school. I hope they have a great year!

Candice said...

If I wasn't being rushed to leave by the curb monitor (so other parents can drop off their kids), I would have cried. But he brought me back to reality quick, and instead of tears I was flooded with pride(the good kind. wait, is there a good kind of pride?) :o)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online